Enterprise Zone Consultancy Advice
Cushman & Wakefield was appointed by DCLG to provide Enterprise Zone related property consultancy advice with the aim of accelerating delivery within the EZs. This involved a framework appointment with services delivered both directly to DCLG and to The LEPs / local authorities providing new zones in the Midlands, North East, North West and South East.
Our role included:
- Advising DCLG directly of progress in each of the EZs
- Project managing the local delivery of site specific advice,
- Engaging with stakeholder promoting each of the zones to identify and address barriers to delivery
- Advising on the marketability of sites to target and attract occupiers and investors.
- Preparation of financial models demonstrating effective use of TIF machinery.
- Advise across full range of intervention measures, delivering and funding routes to effect new development.
- Scenario modelling to select preferred mixture of interventions and development of EZ invest plans.
- Advice on governance and management, including preparation of policy documents and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between stakeholders.
Cushman & Wakefield was able to assist with the preparation of investment plan for 14 of the first wave of new EZs.
These identified a broad range of established and innovative intervention measures serving to acceleration development within the zones.
We also assisted in agreeing funding and delivery procedure and governance arrangements for multi-stakeholder zones.