Position Title: Chartered Building Surveyor (x2)
Department: Asset Services
Reports To: Head of Asset Services
Location: Dublin, Ireland
We are currently looking for two Chartered Building Surveyors, one junior and one senior, to join our growing Dublin Building Consultancy team. The team provides a spectrum of commercial consultancy advice across a diverse client base of predominantly private sector clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to assume more responsibility, obtain experience in managing and supervising junior team members and build direct relationships with clients. We do not pigeon hole our Building Surveyors into working in particular service lines; Our Building Surveying team were attracted to the profession because of the diverse and varied work they do.
The Commercial Building Surveyor will be expected to have strong inter-personal skills, play an active part in business development, and have a strong grasp of commercial Building Surveying, ideally with at least 2 years post qualified experience.
Acquisition surveys and due diligence investigations on offices, industrial units, and retail properties, including full condition surveys. Statutory Consent & Compliance Review (including Tenant fit-out applications)
Construction monitoring services on behalf of funders or developers to assess the specification, quality, cost, programme, and compliance, with the client’s specific requirements.
Contract administration of repair, maintenance and refurbishment works on commercial properties (industrial, office and retail) to ensure that the process is planned, designed and managed with the aim of keeping the project within programme and budget.
Planned Preventative Maintenance
Preparation of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules, Maintenance Planning & oversight. Life cycle costing for multi-tenanted office buildings.
Dilapidations and Exit Strategy
Providing expert advice in all Dilapidations matters. These include;
- Preparation of Interim and Terminal Schedules
- Negotiating settlements on behalf of both Landlords and Tenants
- Dilapidations Assessments and associated negotiations
- Break Clause advise
- Exit Strategy and Recommendations
- Expert Witness
- Contract Administration of works
Fire Insurance Cost Assessments
Carry out measured surveys and prepare Fire Insurance (Reinstatement) Cost Assessments in readiness for insurance renewal programmes.
Sustainability, expert witness, feasibility studies, service charge advice, approval of tenants' plans, and building pathology investigations.
- Chartered Building Surveyor
Knowledge & Experience:
- Two years post qualification experience required for the junior role and
- Ten years post qualification experience required for the senior role
- Membership of the SCSI/RICS
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD essential
- Strong Organisational and administrative skills are essential
- Good knowledge and experience of the construction process, including BCaR
- Ability to plan, manage and monitor site works on a number of projects
- Ability to work on own initiative
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain open collaborative relationships, generate trust, advocate and negotiate, be receptive to the viewpoints and concerns of others
- Be adaptable & flexible & able to cope with an evolving role
- Be innovative and forward thinking
- Bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to the role and have a strong acumen for the construction and property industry
This role offers the right candidate an attractive remuneration package. It is preferable for the successful candidate to be available immediately.
For further information or to discuss, please the HR Department on 01 237 6458/01 639 9336.
To apply to email@example.com