Position Title: Assistant Accountant
Department: Finance Department
Reports To: Financial Controller
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our office in Dublin has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of working on their own initiative, have excellent communications skills and work well as part of a team. This role will be based in our office in 164 Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
- Preparation of month-end management accounts and reports within three days;
- Preparation of month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Processing credit card payments and preparing month end journal;
- Preparation of 46G form and monthly EU reverse VAT journals;
- Process deposit refunds and client balances due;
- Process and allocate payments and receipts;
- Bank account reconciliations;
- Produce aged debtors’ listings and statements in a timely manner;
- Liaising with the business on credit control;
- Ensure accurate recharging of client advertising/marketing;
- Support payroll process, incl. uploading of bankfile and month-end procedures;
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure all their queries are answered in a timely manner;
- Preparation of audit files for annual audit and responding promptly to queries raised by auditors
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant/Accountancy Technician (CIMA, ACCA or CPA) or finance background
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ work experience, ideally within a Shared Service environment.
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Experience of Workday ERP would be an advantage
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Ability to use discretion and always maintain confidentiality;
- Highly motivated with an ability to take ownership and with strong attention to detail;
- Reliable and proactive team player focused on delivering an exceptional service;
- Capacity to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Time management
- Team player
This role offers the right candidate an attractive remuneration package. It is preferable for the successful candidate to be available immediately.
For further information or to discuss, please contact HR department on 01 237 6458/01 639 9336..
To apply please send you cv to email@example.com